Attractions, Restaurants, Wineries and Local Produce
Four Elements is right in the center of the Margaret River Wine Region offering easy access to the areas many attractions. Read on to discover the best of our nearby attractions ....
Four Elements is fairly evenly positioned about mid way between the townsites of Margaret River and Dunsborough. It is about 20 minutes drive to Dunsborough and just under a half an hour to Margaret River and Busselton. This means we are right in the middle of the wineries, restaurants, local producers, caves, and beaches of the region, in fact many of the attractions are closer than if you were staying in one of the towns.
- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse a working lighthouse and a great place to spot migrating whales in season. About 30 minutes by car.
- Busselton Jetty a jetty of nearly two kilometres length, with its new Underwater Observatory on the end allows everyone to enjoy the spectacular sites previously only available to scuba divers. About 25 minutes by car.
- Naturaliste Reptile Park another great spot for the kids. You are able to handle the snakes! About 10 minutes by car.
- Yallingup Shearing Shed Sheep shearing demonstrations year round. Wool and sheepskin products on sales. Another 10 minute journey.
- Yallingup Maze constantly innovating Yallingup Maze now boasts their Maze, free to play puzzles, and a first class cafe. Lose the kids for a while, whilst enjoying coffee and a cake in the cafe. Less than 10 minutes away
- Xscape fun park a fantastic place to take the kids on a hot summers day. Mini golf, trampolines, water slides, mazes, train rides, they cater to kids of all ages. There is even coffee, icecream and snacks available, about 20 minutes away.
Apart from the restaurants in the nearby centres of Margaret River, Busselton and Dunsborough there are a number of places to eat close by, including ...
- Strieker/Clairault Winery and Restaurant for lunch. About five minutes away by car, Strieker/Clairault offers wine tasting and fine dining amongst picturesque lawns and gardens.
- Knee Deep, a winery and fine dining for lunch. A short walk away, so you can leave the car at your cottage and walk home.
- Bootleg Brewery serving some of the South Wests finest beers. Weekend afternoons feature live music, in a relaxed family atmosphere. Bootleg offers lunch with generous portions and reasonable prices. Kids playground and games, Jenga, bean bag games, pool etc. A short walk away.
- Lamonts Smith Beach a gourmet Deli, tapas Wine Bar and a la carte Restaurant at our closest family swimming beach. About 10 minutes drive.
- The Beer Farm a relative newcomer just a little further away, The Beer farm offers craft beers and pizza, burgers, and similar food. A converted dairy at the top of a grassy knoll The Beer Farm is a favourite with our boys, mostly because of the 100 meter, wet slippery slide that runs from the buildings down the hill towards the dam. Free entertainment for the kids while the adults enjoy some refreshments.
- Carpe Diem tastings of wines made in the traditional Italian style. Right across the road Carpe Diem is one of the few wineries left in the Margaret River area where a visit puts you inside a working winery talking to the wine maker. GianFranco loves a chat and this winery is definitely worth a visit if you are interested in finding out more about wines.
- Laurance Winery for wine tasting and lunch, we went to Laurance for Sams birthday lunch, great food, picturesque gardens and lake. Laurance also has a kids playground. About 3 minutes by car.
A selection of purveyors of local produce. Most are 10 minutes drive the most distant 15 minutes drive
- Vasse Virgin Gourmet food, oil soap and cosmetics made from Olives and Olive oil. Worth a visit, a great place to buy presents for people at home.
- Gabriels Chocolate Locally made and single origin chocolate varieties, a real education in chocolate, and our personal favourite amongst he chocolate and candy offerings of the region.
- Margaret River Nuts and Cereals
- Margaret River Cheese Factory